- Examiners are given one (1) month to examine a Master thesis and two (2) months for a Doctorate thesis. Once the thesis has been examined, the student is required to attend a viva voce. Following is the possible result of the viva-voce.
- Scale 1 | Pass
- A student is awarded a Doctor of Philosophy / Master’s Degree.
- Scale 2 | Pass with minor corrections
- A student is awarded Doctor of Philosophy / Master's Degree subject to changes/corrections to the thesis as listed in the Viva-voce Panel Report.
- Scale 3 | Pass with major changes/corrections
- A student is awarded Doctor of Philosophy / Master’s Degree subject to changes/corrections to the thesis as listed in the Viva-voce Panel Report. The corrected thesis MUST be verified by the Viva-voce Panel after the student has made the changes/corrections.
- Scale 4 | Re-examination (Re-viva)
- A student is allowed to re-submit the thesis for re-examination after the candidate has made the changes/corrections to the thesis as indicated in the Viva-voce Panel Report. The thesis MUST be re-viva and the candidate MUST attend another viva-voce. The result of the re-viva will be only PASS or FAIL.
- Scale 5 | Fail
- A student is not eligible to be awarded a Doctor of Philosophy / Master’s Degree and is not allowed to re-submit the thesis for examination.
- After the viva, the Thesis Examination Panel will inform the student of the viva-voce outcome and the necessary corrections that have to be made on the thesis. The student must obtain the list of corrections from the secretary of the thesis examination panel after the viva.
- Once the corrections have been verified by the Dean / Director of the respective School / Centre/ Institute, download and fill the Final Thesis Submission form which can be obtained from the IPS website.
- Format checking and verification must be made at IPS before submitting the final thesis.
- Obtain the signatures of the respective Supervisor and School / Centre/Institute.
- Make two (2) copies of the thesis. For Masters, the thesis must be in red hardbound cover with gold lettering and for Ph.D., the thesis must be in black hardbound cover with gold lettering. Beside the hardcopy, the final content of the thesis is to be produced on a CD. The information of the thesis must be written clearly on the CD label.
The two (2) copies of the CD and the two (2) copies of the hardbound final thesis must be submitted:
*One (1) copy to the School / Centre / Institute and one (1) copy to the IPS.