A smart card is issued to all registered graduate students of Universiti Sains Malaysia as an identification card. This card is non-transferable and is used for the following purposes:
- Identification/security check for entry and movement within the Campus
- Access to and use of Library facilities
- Payment of Fees at the Bursary’s Office
- Course registration
- Examination (Language or pre-requisite courses)
- Medical treatment at the University’s Clinic/Panel Clinics or Hospitals
- Access to and use of Sports facilities, and
- Other related matters pertaining to authorities like the immigration and police.
Loss of the smart card must be reported immediately to IPS. A card replacement fee of RM60.00 will be charged.